I was imagining tomorrow’s installment of Manleigh Cheese, and I had an idea that would allow me to wrap up the story sooner, with more drama, and probably more forks to build a sequel around. I’m trying to decide if I want to do that or not.
Without giving too much away, I could have the climax occur on the White House lawn. It would take days of installments to create a resolution for such madness. I don’t believe the plot would suffer, but there would be more unanswered questions. The plot points that would be left hanging would be:
- Who/what is John Frost?
- Who is Etty Pendy-Frost?
- What kind of success does Manleigh Cheese enjoy post-climax? Freakish notoriety, I’m sure. This might not be the best thing in the universe.
- Where were Murky and his friendly coven members during this whole thing? The Pendy family, too?
- What/who on the spirit world side of things has seen all of this, and do they have a problem with it? If so, what will happen with that conflict.
- Do Logan and Patti get married/shack up/nookie?
- How do you keep the government out of John and Etty’s business?
So, there are quite a few plot points I need to consider before choosing the new climax over the original plan. I don’t want to trade brevity for completeness and enjoyment.
Still, don’t you think having the President go rip-roaring insane would make a few smashing story installments?